The Austin Clarinet Trio
traces its roots back to 1975 when member Michael Drapkin performed in trios at fine restaurants during the Aspen Music Festival, culminating
in an interview by nationally syndicated columnist George Will. Drapkin began arranging for trio, and his first trios based on Verdi opera arias were published in 1982. The trio
performed in the New York City area, and was invited to perform at the Buffet Crampon/Vandoren Clarinet Ensemble Festival, held in Kilbourne Hall at the Eastman School of Music in
2006. The group was subsequently reformed as the Austin Clarinet Trio later that year featuring three of the finest musicians in Central Texas.
- The three members perform classical wedding ceremony music, reception music, private and public events together as a trio, providing high quality, rich, beautiful clarinet trio sound that has been developed and refined over the past 32 years.
- The group is comprised of three consummate professionals with a great attitude. They are reliable, timely, well-organized, flexible and easy to work with...understanding your artistic/musical desires, offering unlimited free phone consultation.
- The trio consists of professional musicians with extensive training from music schools and conservatories in the U.S. The musicians have performed at hundreds of weddings, corporate parties, and social events, as well as concerts and recordings.
- Through our years of experience, we have carefully chosen an extensive repertoire of dozens of musical selections. Contained neatly in one book on our music stands, all music is easily accessable, creating a graceful flow from one piece to another. From the standard classical chamber music and light classical selections to opera.
- Expert music arranging services are available. We will arrange virtually any piece of music if it is not available in print for trio. Have that special song performed at your event! Modest fees.
The Austin Clarinet Trio performs concerts, lecture demonstrations, and private events of all kinds. Please contact us at [email protected] or call
512-590-2544 to book an event.